Not only does internal routing remove the human error aspect of document processing (including the wrong reviewer/missing a reviewer), but it also saves time for everyone involved.
Using DocBoss’ Internal Review Workflow ensures accuracy and creates a way to track documents as they route through the list of review participants – without the need for additional software programs (like Bluebeam). Ensuring that the right people are included on each document submittal review is key. The Internal review workflow can be set up by document code, or even individual cards, so no one will get missed on the internal review!
This is especially helpful when you have multiple people working on multiple projects, which is typical in most cases. It’s a set it and forget it kind of thing!
Here are some additional thoughts:
- Set up the internal distribution based on Doc Codes, or even drill into individual Cards, if necessary.
- Multiple reviewers can be selected for each document.
- It removes the human error aspect of forgetting to include a discipline on review, which could have disastrous repercussions down the road.
- You no longer need to follow up with each person included on the review to see where they’re at with it. Simply checking the Outstanding Actions area will tell you exactly who has reviewed the document(s) and who hasn’t.
- Once the Internal Reviews are complete, DocBoss automatically queues the document(s) for return to the original source before sending to the Customer for approval/review.